Sunday, December 5, 2010

[NEWS] Kim Hyun Joong plays it cool








SINGAPORE: Nonchalant, cool and nary a smile from him, Kim Hyun Joong, with his boy-next-door good looks is surprisingly not unlike his character on the hit Korean drama "Boys Over Flowers".

In Singapore for the first time, the actor-singer even made it a point to dress in an all-white suit for a press event at Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre on Thursday "because it makes me look cool".

But what is uncool, noted Kim, who is the ambassador for Korean beauty brand The Face Shop, are his dark eye circles and eye bags, a result of his busy work schedule and jet-setting lifestyle.

"I need to pay special attention to my eyes, especially my dark eye circles," Kim lamented, through a translator.

Despite spending a fair amount of time in the air, the 24-year-old admitted that he doesn't have an in-flight skincare regimen, choosing instead to shield his tired eyes from the public with a pair of sunglasses.

"I am always feeling exhausted, so I would rather take some time to relax by listening to music or watching movies," said Kim.

As the lead singer of popular K-pop band SS501, Kim must garner a fair bit of attention from the ladies but the star revealed that you don't need to have supermodel good looks to win his affections.

He observed that ladies who have beautiful faces usually have mediocre figures, while those with gorgeous bodies may have average looks.

"I do not have any particular preference for body and face, I think I might go for an average-looking girl," he said.

While still on the topic of looks, one reporter commented that Kim resembles another popular, Korean actor Bae Yong Joon, and asked him for his opinion on who was the better looker.

"No comment," Kim replied, though noting he was flattered by the comparison.

"But I feel that the most important thing is, rather than deciding who is more handsome, is the fact that Bae Yong Joon is my boss!" said Kim, who is signed to Bae's artiste management agency KeyEast.

When asked about his resolution for the New Year, Kim said he hopes to produce a single or solo album.

And his wish list does not end there.

"I would love to come to Singapore again as a singer, and have a meet-the-fans session. I also hope to act in a new drama if there are any new good scripts coming up," he added.

Bae, are you reading this?

No comments:

Post a Comment